Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Orthopedic Surgeon: Arthroscopy Explained



With medical advancement today, the term arthroscopy is now common in the field of orthopedics. It is a surgical procedure that allows surgeons to see possible joint problems, helping them diagnose and treat the condition. Using a kind of endoscope called arthroscope, this procedure is done by making a small incision and then inserting the instrument to see what’s within the joint. It is often performed to analyze a patient’s condition or treat orthopedic problems such as damaged cartilage and ACL condition.

Advantages of Arthroscopy

One advantage of arthroscopy is that it’s minimally invasive. Unlike traditional surgery, this procedure involves only two small incisions where the arthroscope and surgical instruments are to be inserted. Because the surgical area does not have to be opened up completely, the recovery time from arthroscopy is faster. The surgery’s success rate is also higher because the connective tissue is less prone to trauma. You do not have to worry about scars as well, thanks to the smaller, less obvious incisions. Arthroscopy is perfect for athletes who often get injured but need to recover fast. This procedure is also often done in the areas of the elbow, shoulder, wrist, knee, hip, foot, and ankle.

Recovery Period

It takes several days for the incision wounds to heal but you’re going to need a number of weeks before being able to use the joint fully. Your surgeon should recommend exercises and a rehabilitation program to help you recover faster. You may return to your normal activities after a few days but be cautious of moving the affected joint. Also, each patient has a different condition and surgical requirement, so the recovery time may vary.

2 comments:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.
    Or Text me on +1-502-2334-479 for more expliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brow bone Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete